Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I made it!

To the second round of the Screenwriter's Challenge 2011!

I stopped blogging for a while because I was frustrated with the comments I received from other writers in the challenge. I associated this blog with that contest, so I wanted to see if I made it before continuing. I do think that wasn't a good decision, but oh well, here I am now.

I was 5th in my heat, so I just made it. I'm hoping for some good old fashion fantasy or science fiction, but I would be happy with fairy tale, ghost story, comedy or action. I'm still not looking forward to mystery, but it would be better than romance again.

I have been working on a screenplay in my spare time, though I need to be spending more time on it. I think it has potential. I think I will redouble my efforts on it until Thursday night at 9:59pm, at which point, I will have 3 days to write an 8 page screenplay. I know that I really want to focus on the conflict and the subject more than I did in my last one. I felt like I did really well on the character in that one and my romance was sketchy, but obviously good enough.

So, I should like watch movies instead of Doctor Who episodes. Hmm. I'll get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment