Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Plugging along

Well, my screenplay is developing nicely. I don't think my story is going to be a great romance, but I do think it will be interesting enough to get me through the next round.

It is really hard not to write clichés in romance, more so than any other thing I have tried to write. I am constantly rejecting my first idea and my second. Then I have to really think about my characters and find something else to do.

I wrote my ending on the bus to work today, and I think it works. I don't expect people to fall in love in 12 pages, but a "let's see if we could develop a relationship" is a great start. I really need more conflict, but you have to build to something so fast that the rocks being through at them really get in the way. I really need to get my first draft done tonight because I want to get my second draft done tomorrow night.

I want to have a read through on Thursday night. After that, I should be good to revise. I think I will have a great little screenplay by Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I am just impressed that you can whip something up so fast.

    ReplyDelete