Saturday, May 14, 2011

First task!

Now that I've committed to the task of finishing, I'm starting something new to finish. I entered the 8th Annual Screenwriter's Challenge 2011. Here's a link that shows my name as proof. So, the contest goes like this: you get put into heats (16 people) and are given an assignment for the 1st round. You write a 12 page screenplay in 8 days matching your assignment. 125 people move on to round 2. 25 to the last round.

My 1st round assignment

Genre: Romance

Subject: Gifted

Character: A repairman


Yikes. I was hoping for Sci-fi, fantasy, horror, comedy, or even drama. I was hoping to avoid romance and mystery. I got romance. I'm still trying to decide what Gifted is as a subject. A repairman is simple enough. I have 8 days and 12 pages to tell the best story I can. Time to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment