Sunday, May 15, 2011

Off and running

After stewing about characters and theme, I started writing my opening scene. Our good doctor is at a fancy party where her patient is announcing whether her operation was successful or not in front of two hundred of his friends. She quietly hopes that she had failed, but we all know that she doesn't fail. She makes friends with a lesbian couple who will hire her to perform her magic on an artist prodigy they have chosen to father their children.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the doctor and the artist to fall in love. Romance is not my strong point. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Even though it is odd, I totally love it. It reminds me of several of the broadway plays that have come out in the last few years. A complicated romance between two very modern people. Since your play is only 12 pages though, I would be careful not to let it get too complicated.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought of another idea. It seems like when two very different people end up falling in love they start out not liking each other, with lots of animosity. It seems natural that the doctor might not like the artist because he is basically selling himself to this Lesbian couple, and of coarse he dosn't like her because she is judging him and thinks she is better than him. Anyway, maybe that's a place to start.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete